WINONA, Min. (WKBT) - Winona police found two dead early Monday after a 911 call from a man on Chatfield Street, a press release said.
A man called 911 at 3:23 a.m. July 24 and said that there was a struggle between himself and his girlfriend over a handgun and that the gun went off and the woman was struck in the head, police said.
Police responded to 209 Chatfield Street and attempted to contact the man. The officers heard what they believe was a gunshot and backed away, the release said.
When police could not contact anyone in the residence, they entered the home and found a woman deceased from an apparent gunshot and a man also deceased from a single gunshot, according to police.
No one else was inside the home and police say there is no danger to the community.
The names are being withheld pending notification of family, Chief Paul Bostrack said.
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'Right to Try' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached