LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Traffic on La Crosse's north side may slow down in the coming weeks as a big road construction project begins.
Construction on the I-90 Exit 3 project will impact traffic along Rose and George Streets.
The project includes making changes to Rose Street, from Livingston Street through the interchange, the George Street intersection, and Exit 3. According to project supervisors, no roads will close during the construction project but traffic will go down to single lanes in a couple of locations.
Project managers say the area will benefit from the update.
"With the traffic flow in and out of the city, it's kind of a major access point, and once we get done it should be a wonderful project,” said Exit 3 Project Supervisor Jim Savoldelli.
Work is expected to begin next week.
You can find updated information on the project at WisconsinDOT.gov.
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up-February 23, 2018
- La Crosse Center hosts national organic conference
- ‘Green Alert' bill for veterans, Collin's Law for invisible disabilities registry head to governor