LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - People in La Crosse had the chance to enjoy fine art Saturday.
For the 59th year, the American Association of University Women hosted Art Fair on the Green at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Saturday.
Around 90 artists were on campus Saturday displaying a wide variety of fine art and live music.
Tickets were $4 at the gate.
The proceeds go to scholarships and grants for high school students in the La Crosse area.
Organizers said the amount raised has grown quite a bit over the last several years.
"From 2008, we had maybe $10,000 in scholarships, whereas last year, we gave in May, $25,000 worth of scholarships, and this is spread out, it's not like its one scholarship,” said Carol Robertson, chairwoman of event.
The organization also donates to the YWCA, New Horizons and other organizations that help empower young women.
- Kendhammer attorneys could appeal, request new trial
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man in custody
- La Crosse's mayor responds to council overrriding his veto
- Local cancer patients, families receive personalized quilts
- 'Drive sober or get pulled over' campaign kicks off
- City of La Crosse to consider history, cultural museum
- Colgan Air in La Crosse celebrates new addition
- Rotary Lights in need of donated ice skates
- New Wisconsin law allows Paramedics, EMT's to provide care in home
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 15, 2017