TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - A man has been arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department in connection with illegal fireworks manufacturing.
Authorities said 62-year-old Emile W. Salvo of Tomah was arrested Friday after sheriff's deputies discovered that he was illegally manufacturing fireworks.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the scene of a fire after fire personnel determined a small explosion had occurred.
The Dane County Bomb Squad determined that the area was safe.
Salvo is charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, failure to have a fireworks manufacturing license, negligent handling of burning materials, obstructing and resisting and storage of fireworks near a dwelling.
Salvo was given a signature bond in connection with his charges with conditions.
- Officials say Holmen apartment complex fire began inside car
- January 15: Cancellations and Delays
- La Crosse firefighters respond to trailer home fire
- Holmen addresses ongoing needs of residents displaced by fire
- Ignition interlocks will soon have cameras in Iowa
- Highway 16 temporary lane closure to begin soon
- Rochester teenager shot, killed after crash, confrontation
- Wisconsin corn, soybean crops down, potato crop up in 2017
- Judge dismisses 1 charge in female genital mutilation case
- Authorities investigated suspicious death of 18-year-old