BRICE PRAIRIE, Wis. (WKBT) - One local organization is showing kids the importance of outdoor learning. On Sunday, the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge held a trial class for their Tinkergarten program.
Tinkergarten is a program that is based on early childhood education that teaches kids critical life skills.
Each class is a group of children aged 18 months to 8 years old and adults who learn together through outdoor activities.
The Spring classes begin on April 20 and run for 10 weeks.
- La Crosse County Health Department warns of potential measles exposure
- La Crosse County Highway weight restrictions to be lifted
- La Crosse-based credit union to purchase 10 new branches
- Four injured in Vernon County crash
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- Suspect being chased by police enters school
- City of La Crosse announces Brush Collection Week
- Dream job: Harley-Davidson interns get a free motorcycle
- New research on Alzheimer's disease could lead to earlier diagnosis
- Students perform traditional Norwegian dances in Holmen