FOUNTAIN CITY, Wis. (WBKT) - Fountain City is repairing and replacing sewer and water lines on its north side until around July 3.
During the repairs, State Highway 35 will be closed to all through traffic near the Army Corps of Engineers building.
The city says the closure is needed to repair sewer lines that are "very old" and "in bad shape”.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation recommends a detour taking four highways to go around the closure. Coming from the north, the detour requires taking WIS 37 near Alma up to Mondovi, getting on WIS 10, coming down on WIS 93 at Eleva and then taking WIS 95 back to WIS 35.
City officials say they understand it's a large inconvenience, but there is no other option to make the needed repairs to utilities.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse Firefighters head to Madison to help grieving first responders
- Central's Davis twins commit to Wisconsin
- About 1,000 dead trout have collected from a creek after manure spill
- Run/walk honoring Jesse Parker ends, but dream that inspired it lives on
- Area run/walk raises awareness and support to prevent veteran suicides
- Deke Slayton Museums celebrates 20 years of sharing space history
- There's dancing and fun with firefighters in Galesville
- Area farmers cook up breakfast for the community
- Onalaska Fire Department celebrates 125 years of serving community
- La Crosse fire department welcomes two new firefighters