HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - The Holmen American Legion hosted the Holmen Area Community Celebration on Saturday.
The day started out with a magic show for a younger crowd.
After that was a trivia competition for older kids and adult trivia fans.
Live music from Holmen High School graduate Jenna Rae Legler started at 7:00 p.m.
Volunteer Michael Hartigan said that the event, like the community center, appeals to multiple generations.
"It will serve the needs of kids, for the kids that have nowhere to go after school, is one of the many. . . services for kids. Our seniors group in Holmen has outgrown their gathering place, so this will be a gathering place for the seniors," said Hartigan.
Construction on the community center will start when enough money has been raised.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Winona woman taken to hospital after being struck by train
- Man injured after ATV rolls, lands on him in Vernon County
- Burn ban goes into effect because of high risk for wildfires
- Authorities investigating cause of barn fire near Sparta
- Failed breaker in Genoa causes power outages in area
- Winona non-profit gives back to homeless in community
- New interim director named for the La Crosse Regional Airport
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church observes Easter Eve with Guarding of the Tomb
- Pilot loses control of plane, crashes nose down at Reedsburg Airport, police say
- Judge delays hearing for couple suspected in baby's death