LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A guitar is being credited with housing a La Crosse family.
Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse donated a guitar to the local Habitat for Humanity group to help raise money.
The guitar was won in a concert raffle, but the new owner wanted to continue paying it forward. So the guitar was re-raffled to raise money for the Habitat ReStore.
And then it happened again. The most recent winner of the guitar, the Beer By Bike Brigade, is raffling the instrument off later this year.
The first two rounds of raffles raised about $8,500, and nonprofit leaders hope to raise even more during the third raffle.
"We get volunteers to build the house, we get donations from local businesses for some of the materials, and so our houses are actually typically cheaper than building a normal house so $10,000 actually can go pretty far,” said La Crosse Area Habitat for Humanity Executive Director Kahya Fox.
The guitar will tour La Crosse before being raffled at Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area's 10th Annual Raise the Roof Concert at Pearl Street Brewery on November 11th
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- La Crosse police burglary investigation leads to large drug bust
- New study finds millennials likely to pursue nursing
- Volunteer grandparents continue making a difference at local schools
- Semi crashes into school hurting 4 people including 3 kids
- Namaste program brings calm, reduces aggression in dementia residents
- La Crosse man arrested for attempted sexual assault of a child
- Assignment: Education - La Crosse's new community schools
- Wisconsin relied on NAFTA for 2016 exports
- Minneapolis improves connectivity to prepare for Super Bowl