WESTBY, Wis. (WKBT) - The Fourth Annual Tasty Tomato Festival was at Deep Rooted Farm, three miles east of Westby, on Sunday.
There was live music, a taco bar with locally sourced products, kids activities and local vendors.
Area tomato growers could submit their best crops for a tomato tasting competition.
The tasting was included with tickets, and the farm's owner, Tiffany Cade, said the experience surprised some guests.
"It's really interesting to have people go through the tasting and then really realize all the different flavors of the tomatoes. Some people think a tomato's a tomato, but really: not so."
Tickets for the Tasty Tomato Fest were $12 at the gate. Kids under 12 got in for free.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Highway 33 between Highway 27 and County Highway PC is closed due to a vehicle crash
- Police: Victim of fatal stabbing near Milwaukee from Onalaska
- Healthcare Careers Open House offers look at Gundersen job openings
- Baldwin: Go Pack Go Act could help Wisconsinites watch Packers games, and more
- Health officials: Mysterious, rare and sometimes fatal fungal infection on the rise in region
- Lane closure on part of Copeland Avenue starting
- Roadwork in village of Rockland expanding
- La Crosse PD K9 to retire early
- Onalaska man wins big in the Wisconsin Lottery
- Braun's grand slam lifts Brewers past Cardinals 7-6