WHITESTOWN, Wis. (WKBT) - A fatal hunting accident in Vernon County early Sunday claimed the life of a 17-year-old.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said that a 15 and 17-year-old were hunting on private land off Pisgah Road at approximately 7:30 a.m. on May 21 in Vernon County. As they exited their vehicle there was an accidental discharge of a .22 caliber pistol. The 17-year-old was struck in the side/chest area.
Ontario Fire Department, Ontario Ambulance, Tri-State Medlink, Vernon County Coroner and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources assisted and the accident remains under investigation.
- Holmen community launches 'Holmen Cares'
- Assembly to vote on breast density alert bill
- Assembly Republicans to announce 2018 priorities
- Impersonating on social media would be crime under bill
- Schimel builds money advantage over Kaul in AG race
- The Latest: Businessman Gronik spends $450,000 on campaign
- Democratic candidates file first fundraising reports
- Dayton readies construction wish list for 2018
- Witness: Victim dared gunman to shoot him
- Energizer spends $2 billion to add Rayovac brand