GREEN BAY, Wis. - Authorities have arrested and charged a Chicago woman with stealing nearly $18,000 worth of personal care products such as tooth-whitening strips from Green Bay-area stores in one day along last month.
Green Bay police say 20-year-old Lovea Moore faces charges in two Wisconsin counties.
WLUK-TV reports that the criminal complaint alleges she stole goods like Crest White strips, Rogaine and Gillette fusion razor blades from several Walgreens and CVS stores in Green Bay, De Pere, Kaukauna, Appleton, Neenah and Oshkosh on Jan. 7.
Lt. Rick Belanger of the Green Bay Police Department says it was "just grab, grab, grab, and go." He says she took the stolen merchandise back to Chicago. Police believes a couple other people were helping her.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Moore.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- Project to bring apartments, preschool, commercial space to downtown Winona
- Wisconsin attorney general open to allowing guns in schools
- Results of sexual assault kit leads to arrest in 2008 assault
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage