LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An area principal is taking education to new heights.
Summit Elementary principal Dirk Hunter spent Thursday night camping out the on the roof of the school.
At the start of the year, staff challenged students to read one million minutes throughout the course of the school year.
"I had one student tell me yesterday, she saw the tent up here and she said 'Mr Hunter, we deserve this, you've got to sleep the night on the roof.' and I said 'Yea, you earned it.' and she said 'We earned this,'" said Dirk Hunter, Summit Elementary principal.
Principal Hunter wasn't alone, 5th grade students camped out on the ground near the school.
- La Crosse Center renovation plans restart with informational, round-table meeting
- FEMA begins ‘Preliminary Damage Assessments' for local flood damages
- News 8 Sports Round Up - September 24, 2018
- State, federal candidates talk politics with county officials
- La Crosse mayor proposes property tax decrease in 2019 budget
- Couple accused of keeping children in makeshift cages back in court
- Family Zone returns for Maple Leaf Parade
- Oktoberfest prepares for 2018 festival
- Applications accepted for Lee Rasch Community Partnership Award
- Spinal cord stimulations, physical therapy help paralyzed man walk with assistance