LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local students and community members are gearing up for success.
The 4th annual 'Suits for Success' event in La Crosse is collecting donations to get anyone in need properly dressed for job interviews.
Western Technical College Business Management students collect and hand out new and gently used men's and women's professional clothing. Distribution day is March 7th, and includes tie demonstrations and professional headshots.
"It's a good opportunity to get professional clothing if you can't either afford it right out of college, or you just need something to look nice for free,” said Suits for Success Event Coordinator Dallas Lyp.
You can donate for the 'Suits for Success' event by emailing Western Technical College at email@example.com.
Donations are being accepted through February 28th at the following locations on campus:
- Academic Resource Center
- Business Education Center
- Integrated Technology Center
- Multicultural Affairs Office
- Student Union
- Welcome Center
The following locations are also drop-off sites:
- Hangers to Hems, 1817 Jackson St., La Crosse
- Hangers to Hems, 605 2nd Ave. N., Onalaska
- State Farm Insurance Agency, 106 S. Holmen Dr., Ste. 6
The event helped outfit more than 150 job seekers last year.
The distribution event is open to the public. It's scheduled for Wednesday, March 7 from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. and from 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. at Western's Lunda Center.
- Local dads hope to end stigma surrounding drug addiction
- Gov. Walker tours Northern Hills Elementary School to discuss school safety
- Bangor is a village of champions
- Arcadia School District voters deciding on $16 million project
- Rep. Lee Nerison announces retirement, not seeking re-election
- La Crosse alternate side parking citations up for 2017-2018
- Sparta boy injured in accidental shooting
- One dead in Buffalo County weekend rollover
- Rep. Kind fights for veterans safety and assistance programs
- Assembly committee to hold hearing on school safety bills