LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - September is National Suicide Prevention month.
There were 20 reported suicides in La Crosse County in 2017, 16 last year, and so far in 2019 that number is at 7.
Mayo Clinic Health System and many others have joined forces in bringing more awareness to this issue and the groups that are at the highest risk.
The 14th Annual Suicide Prevention Awareness Event is set for Tuesday, September 17th from 6 o'clock until 7-thirty to honor those lives that have been lost. It will be at Myrick park in La Crosse.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse County to get two new full-time prosecutors
- La Crosse Bandshell paver donation deadline set
- Funds needed following K9 Zaback's surgery
- First peanut allergy drug close to FDA approval
- Widows ask lawmakers to OK police insurance bill
- Eleva family creates corn maze honoring Wounded Warrior Project
- New peanut allergy treatment research has local origins
- 11 Minnesota State Fair visitors sickened by E. coli
- Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders to hold town hall in Decorah
- Lawyer: Man charged with corn rake killing irate over affair