JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Some Wisconsin students who have taken their demonstration against gun violence on the road are reaching their destination -- House Speaker Paul Ryan's home turf.
About 40 students launched a "50 Miles More" march from Madison on Sunday. They're expected to make it to Janesville Wednesday where they'll hold a rally. It is unclear if Ryan will be in Janesville when the students arrive.
The students say they want a ban on military style weapons, a ban on accessories to turn semi-automatic weapons into automatic weapons, a four-day waiting period on all gun purchases, background checks on all gun sales and raising the legal purchasing age on guns to 21.
Adult volunteers are walking with students who are spending the night in schools along the route.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse