HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - A Wisconsin foreign dance team visited a local high school Sunday. The Stoughton High School Norwegian Dancers performed at the Holmen High School gymnasium.
The performance was hosted by the Sons of Norway Wergeland Lodge. The organization is dedicated to preserving past, present and future Norwegian heritage.
The group was created in the 1953 as a way to connect the students with the rest of the community.
"It's important to keep old traditions alive. As we're kind of going into a new era of technology here, it's important to take a step back and look at our past, too. And this is kind of our way of doing that," said Matt Read, a dancer with the group.
The students also danced in Westby on Sunday. They have performed across the nation.
- Sparta High School graduation postponed due to direct threat
- Fastenal expansion bringing hundreds of jobs to Winona
- La Crosse Central High School holds annual Memorial Day observance
- Man rescued from Hi-Crush retention pond issues statement
- Local organizations, school districts continue providing meals during summer
- Free loaner life jackets available for area boaters
- Governor Walker announces $76 Million for local bridge projects
- Grilling season brings increased fire risks
- Wisconsin woman charged with swindling Minnesota relative
- Brookwood High School raises funds for K-9 Unit