LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - Veterans in our community are being honored for keeping America safe.
Students at Crucifixion School in La Crescent sung patriotic songs this morning to veterans in attendance.
School staff hope the day makes the dedication of military members real to students.
"We don't just celebrate the ones that are still serving, we celebrate the ones who have made a sacrifice and are dead, " said Crucifixion School student Jack Vikeras.
Veterans were also served cookies and coffee as part of the event.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Local children with special needs get priceless gift from Santa
- Evers' statewide budget tour starts Tuesday
- La Crosse Police look for suspect in alleged sexual assault on UWL campus
- First Native American woman in Congress has local ties
- One of La Crosse's oldest homes welcomes guests for the holidays
- Local firefighters give the gift of fire safety this holiday season.
- Local businesses highlight artists during holiday season
- Local psychologists concerned about substance abuse in parents and affect on area kids
- Holiday Train makes annual stop in La Crosse
- Military families celebrate early Christmas