LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - The La Crescent Library will have new furniture, thanks to 6th graders from a local school.
Students from Crucifixion School donated $1,000 to the Library.
The donation comes as part of an end of year service project.
The students are realize they can make the community better for themselves and for others.
"A lot of kids come here after school, or to research, or to have fun with friends, or just to read. And if there is not really anything here, if there is just a bunch of books, then we can't really do most of that stuff," said Crucifixion School 6th grader Sophie Bildeaux.
The students are also raising funds to replace the school's refrigerator, along with two of its ovens.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- High river may keep boats landlocked for Memorial Day Weekend
- Jake Patterson receives maximum sentence for murder, kidnapping
- UWL's Schreier jumps for gold at outdoor championships
- 97th Annual Memorial Day observance held at La Crosse Central
- Child who survived mall plunge undergoing further procedures
- POLICE: Victim refused treatment in shots fired incident on city's south side
- Wisconsin man pleads not guilty in fatal Girl Scouts crash
- Spike in underage drinking is expected this weekend
- Entire trail system opens at Kickapoo Valley Reserve
- Life jacket loaners available at selection boat landings along Mississippi River in Wisconsin