LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Run with the Chancellor 5K took students and parents around the UW-La Crosse campus with chancellor Joe Gow.
Gow said he enjoys trying to keep up with his students and even takes the opportunity to teach people about the University as they run.
He says that combination of learning and fitness embodies the values of the UWL.
"On the seal of the university there's mind and body, and that's what this is really all about: the whole person. So, I'm really proud to lead that. It's something that's very special for this campus," said Gow.
Gow started the tradition on his inauguration day as chancellor in 2007, and has been hosting the event during parents weekend since then.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Reward offered for information about missing veteran last seen in Wisconsin
- La Crosse man in jail after threatening to blow up police, building
- AG announces $1.5m to expand drug and diversion courts
- Armed robbery in Onalaska under investigation
- Wisconsin girl with inspirational love of dogs dies at age 8
- Onalaska man accused of suffocating pregnant woman stands mute in court
- Jury awards $1.4M to man who got vasectomy, not circumcision
- Walz calls for public hearings to break insulin impasse
- Two Onalaska children's artwork to be featured in 2020 Culver's Calendar
- Study: Invasive species starving out native fish in Mississippi River