LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area culinary students are getting a head start on running their own restaurant.
The 'Union Bistro' opened up again for the spring trimester at Western Technical College in La Crosse.
The restaurant is run by the college's culinary management and culinary assistant students with the restaurant's theme changing every week to give the students a taste of preparing and serving different cuisines.
"It's a great experience, especially as students, getting out to learn what it's like to be in a restaurant and to serve and all the different stations we have, it's a good learning experience to get us ready for when we graduate," said student Tanner Bollman.
Entrees cost between $7 and $9 with small plates and desserts only costing $3 to $5.
The Union Bistro will be open for two hours every Thursday during the spring term from 10:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled