TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - Area student athletes are learning more about sportsmanship.
The Scenic Bluffs Conference hosted its annual leadership summit Wednesday morning in Tomah.
High school coaches and athletes from the conference got together to hear from several guest speakers about the importance of being a good sport and being a role model for younger kids in the community.
Students at the conference say that means supporting others, which sometimes even includes those wearing different uniforms.
"It feels great to have someone just encourage you," said Hillsboro sophomore Paige Stull. "Like, if you have someone just say, 'great job' it makes you feel special, it makes you feel like you can be you and be the better you."
This is the second year the Scenic Bluffs Conference has hosted the leadership summit.
- Kendhammer attorneys could appeal, request new trial
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man in custody
- La Crosse's mayor responds to council overrriding his veto
- Local cancer patients, families receive personalized quilts
- 'Drive sober or get pulled over' campaign kicks off
- City of La Crosse to consider history, cultural museum
- Colgan Air in La Crosse celebrates new addition
- Rotary Lights in need of donated ice skates
- New Wisconsin law allows Paramedics, EMT's to provide care in home
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 15, 2017