ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members are getting set to paint the town pink this weekend.
The 14th annual Steppin' Out in Pink walk is coming up this Saturday.
Wednesday, walkers stopped by Gundersen Health System in Onalaska to pick up their pink apparel.
This year more than 5,000 people are already registered to join in the fun.
The excitement for the day stays high year after year.
"It's been a part of our community for 14 years, this is the 14-th year and it's just something incredible to be a part of, I mean you're raising money for such an important organization and an important walk, an important cause and come out and celebrate," said Tia Sneath, Gundersen Health System development specialist.
People who have already registered can pick up their t-shirts tomorrow from 7 in the morning until 6 in the evening at the East Building of Gundersen's La Crosse campus.
Shirts can also be picked up the morning of the walk.
Information about registering, or to donate just head to the 'Steppin' Out in Pink' website.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Attack on Saudi Arabian oil facility could increase U.S. gas prices
- UPDATE: One dead, three with life-threatening injuries in crash near Cashton
- Onalaska man wins big in the Wisconsin Lottery
- Police identify Onalaska man killed in stabbing near Milwaukee
- Proposed La Crosse capital improvement budget includes $28.5 million in new borrowing
- La Crosse PD K9 to retire early
- Lawyer: Ex-Wisconsin nurse to plead guilty to hurting babies
- Police: Victim of fatal stabbing near Milwaukee from Onalaska
- Grand Crossing Trail closed until Thursday
- Wisconsin man accused of making THC cartridges charged