LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 27th Annual State Bank Chili Cook-off was in Riverside Park Saturday.
More than 25 different kinds of chili were available to taste at the 'big chili tent' in an effort to raise money for D.A.R.E. and the La Crosse Public Education Foundation.
Lyle Blanchard, the marketing director for State Bank Financial, said the cook-off helps them raise around $10,000 to $15,000 each year.
"I've already been hearing that the chili that's out there is just fantastic. . . . Every year you see more creativity, for sure, from each of these cooks. It's pretty impressive," said Blanchard
The event cost $8 for adults and was free for children under 12.
- Flood victims need help before winter
- Police find 2 dead adults, look for missing 13-year-old
- 2 killed in car that collided with Bethel team bus
- Minnesota man charged with rape of 12-year-old girl
- Security breach at Wisconsin National Guard unit; 3 arrested
- Winter Farmers Markets to be held at Myrick Park Center
- Body of missing toddler found in Waupaca County river
- Pet adoption event takes place at Petco
- Area girls scouts will see new STEM programs
- Tour of Upper Living showcases downtown La Crosse