SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - It will be a first for the Sparta Police Department.
The Police and Fire Commission approved Deputy Chief Emilee Nottestad to fill the position of Sparta police chief.
She will be the first woman to hold the position.
The recommendation now moves to the Finance Committee and City Council for confirmation, according to current Chief Dave Kuderer.
Nottestad has been with the department since 2015, when she joined as a lieutenant before being promoted to deputy chief.
She'll take over for Chief Kuderer who is set to retire in early January.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- One person killed, three others injured in crash near Eau Claire
- Nationwide ceremony honors fallen veterans
- American Legion overwhelmed by the generosity of the community
- Volunteers put together holiday fruit baskets for annual fundraiser
- Local Lions Club is spreading holiday cheer, one gift basket at a time
- Don Weber hopes to add 700 jobs to newly purchased CenturyLink corporate building
- 30th Anniversary of La Crosse Dance Centre's "The Nutcracker"
- Construction officially begins on +$40 Million La Crosse Center expansion project
- Chad Erickson Memorial Rink may open soon at Rotary Lights in La Crosse
- Fall commencement held at Winona State