SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A Sparta teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a teen pled guilty in Monroe County Court this morning.
Alexis Mashak is accused of having a relationship with a 17-year-old student of the Sparta school district last year. He was not a student of Mashak's, though they had mutual friends and both worked at the Sparta Boys and Girls Club.
Mashak will serve one year of conditional jail time with work release, along with three years of probation.
According to court reports, if probation is revoked, she will serve 27 months in jail.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Over 30 car break-ins reported in La Crosse over weekend
- Evers seeks federal disaster declaration for 18 counties
- 'Barn Cats' available from La Crescent Animal Rescue
- Final 'Party in the Park' of 2019 Tuesday in Pettibone Park
- Canoe racing Saturday on Coon Creek
- UPDATE: Wisconsin police identify man who was fatally shot by an officer in Caledonia
- Wisconsin reinstates Cephus after sexual assault acquittal
- Treasurer Godlewski meeting with local retirees and farmers in La Crosse
- Stretch of Winona County Road 17 closing for construction
- Omar: Go to Israel, see 'cruel reality of the occupation'