SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT - At around 10:00 a.m. Sunday Sparta Police and Monroe County Sheriff responded to an incident at 1005 Saint Anne St.
According to a press release from the Sparta Police Department, there remains a police presence in the area. The 400 block of Thayer St. is currently closed to traffic and will remain closed for several more hours.
Officials say the public is not in danger. The incident is still under investigation and details will be updated as they become available.
- Wisconsin Assembly passes school safety packages
- False report of school shooter prompts heavy police response
- Nature lovers to weigh in on public land fee, group hunts
- La Crosse man arrested after high speed chase
- Sparta PE teacher arrested for sexual conduct with teenager
- Father accused of taking daughter who overdosed to buy drugs
- Trial set for Rhinelander woman accused in stepson's death
- Analysis of skeletal remains leads to suspected homicide
- SpringBrook Assisted Living cuts ribbon on new La Crescent facility
- Holocaust survivor shares her story at Viterbo