Walmart was selling a Christmas tree made of fake marijuana leaves, but pulled it from its website Wednesday, The Kansas City Star reported.
There are still plenty of weed-themed stocking stuffers available -- such as T-shirts and cook cutters shaped like pot leaves.
The 7-foot tree was for sale for $250, the Star reported.
“This Pot Leaf Christmas tree will ‘light up’ the room and put your mind in the right head-space for holiday cheer,” the Walmart listing said, according to the Star. "You’ll be able to relax and giggle at the marijuana leaves and decorate it as you please.
"This alternative Christmas tree is perfect for personal top shelf life at home or as a medical dispensary decoration. Green Wishes and Happy Holidhaze!"
The listing garnered major attention on social media before it was taken down:
Walmart is saying Happy Holidaze with this weed-themed Christmas tree pic.twitter.com/h4mUbOJ2dv— NowThis (@nowthisnews) December 12, 2017
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled