UFO aficionados and fans of the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" are heading to Wyoming to partake in the first Devils Tower UFO Rendezvous, according to The New York Times.
The event will take place from Sept. 14-16 at the geological formation that played a role in the movie, which came out 40 years ago this year. UFO experts are scheduled to speak.
The event's organizer, Brian Olson, said there are plans for a parade, live music and a barbeque cook-off also.
Devils Tower, the solidified core of an ancient volcano, stands at more than 800 feet.
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need