LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Southside Senior Center on Denton Street in La Crosse held a '50s-themed party Saturday afternoon.
Complete with poodle skirts, 1950s music and a little dancing, attendees say it was the perfect chance to reminisce.
"Well a lot of us are from the '50s era, some a little before and some a little after, and we just thought it would be a fun thing to do,” senior center board member Janet Tenner said. “We do a lot of fun things here. We don’t just play cards all the time. We're a very social group and we have a wonderful group here."
About 30 people attended Saturday's event.
- Onalaska Police Chief submits resignation
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018