COLUMBUS, Wis. (AP) - Sheriff's officials say speed and inattentive driving are factors in a six-vehicle fatal crash in Columbia County.
Authorities say the driver of a semi failed to slow down in a construction zone on Highway 151 near Columbus Tuesday and struck five other vehicles; including a minivan, two SUVs, a pickup and a car. A male passenger in the pickup died at the scene. Five others were taken to the hospital by ambulance or by two Medflight helicopters.
The northbound lanes of Highway 151 were closed for more than five hours.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- High river may keep boats landlocked for Memorial Day Weekend
- Jake Patterson receives maximum sentence for murder, kidnapping
- UWL's Schreier jumps for gold at outdoor championships
- 97th Annual Memorial Day observance held at La Crosse Central
- Child who survived mall plunge undergoing further procedures
- POLICE: Victim refused treatment in shots fired incident on city's south side
- Wisconsin man pleads not guilty in fatal Girl Scouts crash
- Spike in underage drinking is expected this weekend
- Entire trail system opens at Kickapoo Valley Reserve
- Life jacket loaners available at selection boat landings along Mississippi River in Wisconsin