LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Sears at Valley View Mall in La Crosse will be closing its doors later this year.
Sears Holdings' announced Wednesday it's closing another 46 stores across the country, including some Kmarts.
The Sears at Oakwood Mall in Eau Claire is also on the latest list of closures.
Sears in La Crosse is expected to close in November. Liquidation will begin as early as Aug. 30th.
Sears is the latest major retailer to leave Valley View Mall.
Herbergers is currently being liquidated and is set to close in La Crosse by the end of this month.
Macy's left the mall in March of last year.
Sears Holdings' says the latest closures are part of its "ongoing efforts to streamline operations, strengthen our capital position and focus on our best stores."
- Canoers paddle in Coon Creek Canoe Races a year after widespread flooding
- Law enforcement: Dead passenger and injured driver found about 5 miles apart
- Reports say stolen Hy-Vee account information being sold
- Rural Wisconsin community holds its first LGBTQ+ Pride Festival
- More than 300 volunteers kick off a year of service with Viterbo
- Wisconsin leads nation in family farm bankruptcies
- Prairie Du Chien scores late touchdown to stun Aquinas 7-6 in season opener
- Lueth Park celebrates 20 years of skating
- Runners take off from runway in aviation event
- Seven area artists show their works at artPOP art show