LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse City Hall hosted a Scrap Metal Recycling Event with Hanson Scrap Metal Service LLC on Saturday.
Appliances, electronics, vehicles, construction materials and more could be disposed of at no cost.
For $25 they would also get rid of TVs.
Harnson's owner, Brain Hanson, said he feels good about helping the environment by keeping these items out the landfill. However, he says there are some hazardous materials he can't accept.
"There's a lot of stuff that we don't take, and we highly recommend that you take it out to the landfill and let them help you with that sort of thing," said Hanson.
For more information on how to properly dispose of hazardous materials visit https://www.cityoflacrosse.org/content/407/469/2020/2036/default.aspx.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Power restored to most Xcel Energy customers after widespread outages
- Medical students, first responders practice reacting to disaster in rural areas
- Audience gets out of this world experience with Viroqua astronaut
- Downed trees damage Galesville campground during storm
- Kids help kids enjoy community pool with concert
- Multiple generations of veterans reunite in Onalaska
- Richland Center man to be charged in connection with Viroqua theft
- Dozens of log rollers compete in La Crosse Open
- Habitat ReStore's new location opens for business in Winona
- Demolition begins for Great River Residence Project