LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The School District of La Crosse has a new director of secondary education.
The Board of Education for the School District of La Crosse approved the hiring of Stacey Everson as the new director of secondary education, according to a release.
Everson was principal of Menomonie Middle School for ten years and she has over 20 years of education experience with 14 of those spent as an administrator, the release said.
“Stacey is an exceptional instructional leader,” said Superintendent of Schools Randy Nelson. “She has provided leadership at the building, district, and state level. The outstanding sense of service and engagement she brings to the School District of La Crosse will benefit our students, staff, and families and help continue the great work going on in our schools.”
According to the release, Everson graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire, with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology. She earned her Master of Science Degree in Guidance and Counseling from the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She holds professional licenses as a school counselor, principal, director of instruction, and superintendent/school district administrator.
“I believe in the power of meaningful relationships and high education standards for all,” said Everson. “I will serve the families of the district with passion, regard, and commitment, and support environments that allow students to take learning risks without fear.”
Everson replaces Annette O'Hern, the district's supervisor of career and choice education. O'Hern is scheduled to retire in October after serving since 1988.
- News 8 Investigates: Human Trafficking
- Missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter found safe in Madison
- Walker proposes Wisconsin welfare overhaul package
- La Crosse Center board picks design for renovation
- Coon Valley woman charged in drug overdose death
- Boys charged in $60,000, bee-killing vandalism
- Registered Sex Offender wanted by police
- Wisconsin unemployment hit record low in December
- Racine police fatally shoot man after traffic stop
- Officials search for missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter last seen Wednesday