LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Salvation Army is having to close its doors Thursday as the city completes a street maintenance project.
The Sewage Department will be moving a manhole on 8th Street North, between Vine and Main Street, causing the building's water to be shut off.
The Emergency Shelter, Administrative offices, Food Pantry and Community Meal Program will be tentatively closed from 8 am to 6 pm on Thursday.
The Salvation Army is trying to make sure clients will still receive their services, so they will be serving breakfast a half an hour early.
The Salvation Army is also teaming up with The Franciscan Hospitality House, which will serve a meal at noon from their location, and the Community Meal Program dinner will take place at The Place of Grace from 5 to 7 tomorrow evening.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse County to get two new full-time prosecutors
- First peanut allergy drug close to FDA approval
- Eleva family creates corn maze honoring Wounded Warrior Project
- New peanut allergy treatment research has local origins
- 11 Minnesota State Fair visitors sickened by E. coli
- Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders to hold town hall in Decorah
- Funds needed following K9 Zaback's surgery
- La Crosse Bandshell paver donation deadline set
- Widows ask lawmakers to OK police insurance bill
- Onalaska man who stabbed roommate sentenced in court