RUSHFORD, Minn. (WKBT) - State basketball tournaments may have wrapped up in Wisconsin, but March Madness continues across the border.
Rushford-Peterson sent their boys off to the Twin Cities with a pep rally Wednesday morning.
It's the school's first trip to state since 2015 when they won the state title.
While they are no strangers to state, they say the support from the community never gets old.
"I think the kids are excited in the community and just play off their energy a little bit. They all know that when we get up there that we're representing not only our school, but the whole area, so I think it's just a good way to get the kids fired up," said head coach Tom Vix.
Rush-Pete plays Thursday at 5 p.m. at the University of Minnesota against Cass Lake-Bena.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Child abuse prevention month walk brings together family for final event
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Is coffee causing you to be dehydrated? Study says no