LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The third annual Airport Open House was Saturday in La Crosse at Colgan Air Services Hangar 4.
The open house included a pancake breakfast and the Airport 5K Race, which took runners from the hanger to the Mississippi and back.
There was also a flight simulator, tours of planes and helicopters, and free trips in the air for kids from the Experimental Aviation Association.
Seth Tiedeman, a cadet 1st Lieutenant with the Civil Air Patrol, said the growing event helps the Civil Air Patrol show off what it has to offer.
"There is a need for pilots right now. You get to look at the world through a different view," said Tiedeman.
The event helps fund training programs and educational trips for members of the Civil Air Patrol, which is an auxiliary of the United States Air Force.
For more information about the Civil Air Patrol visit gocivilairpatrol.com.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- TRAFFIC ACCIDENT: Eastbound I-90, expect delays
- Sparta man arrested for allegedly assaulting teens at Boys & Girls Club haunted house
- Tannerite explosion reported in Richland County
- Mayor invites President Trump to host the G7 summit in Milwaukee
- Today: Lame-Duck challenge in Wis. state Supreme Court
- Safety reminders ahead of Halloween
- Wisconsin governor calls special session on gun control
- Winona County Sheriff's Office: Dog dragging incident was an accident
- Companies reach $260 million deal to settle opioids lawsuit
- Best selling author introduces La Crosse to 'cloud spotting'