ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - Authorities in Rochester are asking residents to keep an eye out for a rogue bison that's been on the loose since the weekend.
A farmer spotted the bison walking through his fields in southwest Rochester on Sunday. Officers approached the animal, but it started acting aggressively.
Olmsted County sheriff's officials have been in touch with the bison's owner. Capt. Scott Behrens says people should stay away from the bison if they see it because it could charge if it feels threatened.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Democrat Kind says impeachment should be 'last resort'
- La Crosse man charged in federal court with gun crime
- New parking permit options at two La Crosse parking ramps
- 'Sip to Save Lives' fundraiser returns for Coulee Region Humane Society
- Authorities make 5th arrest in Wisconsin THC vaping business
- 'Hate Has No Home Here' signs removed from La Crosse park
- Cancer drug shortage could impact local treatment center
- Women's Fund impact highlighted ahead of annual fall luncheon
- Evers creates climate change task force for Wisconsin
- Judge overseeing zoo trial says she gagged on stench there