LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Bike Week events are continuing in La Crosse with the annual Ride with the Mayor.
The Wisconsin Bike Fed and local bike advocates planned Tuesday's event as part of Wisconsin Bike Week.
La Crosse's Mayor Tim Kabat was joined by community members for the ride.
One of the focuses of the event was on how active transportation, like bus, bike, and walk can improve transportation for everyone.
The area's landscape provides a range of opportunities for cyclists.
"Here in the Coulee Region, especially the City of La Crosse we are so blessed, because we have awesome recreational biking opportunities so, all the trails, the mountain biking, the road racing, all of those things that make bicycling really special here," said La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat.
This is the 5th year of 'Ride with the Mayor' in La Crosse.
Bike Week runs through Sunday.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Local firefighters say helping mourning Madison firefighters is important honor
- Trempealeau business reopens after more than 100 days closed due to flooding
- Steamboat Days Grande Parade keeps river city tradition alive
- Diary (Sun) Day bonds families through bovines
- Local kids share favorite dad attributes on Father's day
- Road repairs will limit traffic downtown
- Onalaska streets undergoing repairs
- Canoer paddling down Mississippi River for veterans program
- La Crosse Firefighters head to Madison to help grieving first responders
- Central's Davis twins commit to Wisconsin