VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - A Richland Center man is accused of being involved in the theft of auto parts from a salvage yard in rural Viroqua. The incident occurred earlier this month and was reported on July 16.
The investigation continued throughout the week. Authorities identified Jeremy W. Stankovich, 37, as someone in connection with the incident.
According to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office, Stankovich is cooperating with the investigation. Formal charges will be sought through the county's district attorney.
Stankovich is expected to appear in Vernon County Circuit Court on August 7.
The Richland County Sheriff's Office, Richland Center Police Department and the Fond du Lac Police Department assisted with the investigation.
The incident remains under investigation.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse police arrest 3 in north side shots fired incident
- Board to hear former inmate's demand for $5.7 million
- Law signed by President Trump could extend benefits to more Vietnam War veterans
- Minnesota offers grants to replace diesel equipment, vehicles with green alternatives
- Cyclist raising awareness, funds to help decrease mass shootings
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin supports funding for Mississippi River locks and dams
- Major League Fishing REDCREST Tournament kicks-off
- Health tips from experts about Fall allergies
- Breast Cancer study closes enrollment after more than 500 enroll
- Temporary lane closure on Losey Blvd. on La Crosse's southside