MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - The Wisconsin DMV is now offering free replacement vehicle-registration stickers online at wisconsindmv.gov/sticker and it will be mailed the next business day.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, the DMV receives more than 29,000 calls and 18,000 email requests to replace lost license plate stickers every year.
“Wisconsin DMV is continuing to enhance its online services to give customers greater convenience, control and access to their DMV account,” explained Rhonda Alley, Wisconsin Department of Transportation Division of Motor Vehicles manager. “Enabling customers to easily fulfill routine requests for replacement stickers online will free DMV Customer Service staff to answer calls and will save all of our customers time.”
Customers will go through a series of steps to verify identity and eligibility and will need to have their vehicle identification number available.
“With so many online services, most Wisconsinites only need to visit a DMV once every eight years to renew their driver license,” Alley said.
- New Horizons advocates explain importance of Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- The Latest: Sheriff says missing Wisconsin girl is in danger
- La Crosse County Judge grants motion to dismiss child sexual assault case
- Mega Millions prize of $654M is nation's 4th-largest
- Monroe County business owner hopes to partner with Foxconn to help disabled workers
- Mega Millions has lucky locals hoping to strike it rich
- UW-La Crosse political science professor says debates are best tool to stay informed
- Coat donation rack providing warmth in La Crosse
- National School Lunch Week celebrated in Onalaska
- Trial date set for April in Wisconsin redistricting case