TOWN OF GENEVA, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say a decomposing body found in a marshy area by two hikers in Walworth County Sunday has been identified as a man who went missing nearly six months ago.
Seventy-year-old James Demeuse was reported missing on Oct. 20. Town of Geneva police said Wednesday Demeuse was positively identified by the Wisconsin Crime Lab.
Police say the death was isolated and that there are no public safety concerns.
- WIAA southwest football realignment plan passes on a 6-5 vote
- UPDATE: 911 issues in Trempealeau, Jackson counties
- Local schools see increase in dangerous trend
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- Missing 16-year-old spotted in Monroe, possibly heading to Portage, police say
- Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom visits local elementary school
- Parents sue over child protection laws in Minn.
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 24, 2018
- La Crosse SOUP donors vote for program to financially benefit those leaving jail
- La Crosse County raising awareness for safe prescription practices