LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Registration is underway for an annual festival celebrating breast cancer survivors.
The 5th annual Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival will be held on July 14th and 15th.
The event and its featured dragon boat races has rasied about $260,000 over the years to support underinsured women and help pay for Mayo Clinic Health System's new 3D mammography van.
This year, they're hoping to host 50 dragon boat racing teams and also double the amount of teams made up of cancer survivors.
"We really want to focus in on our breast cancer survivors and really celebrating them, and bringing awareness to them and just being there to support them," said event coordinator Heidi Odegaard.
Early bird registration is now open and runs through April 1st. Teams signing up now will be able to do so at a reduced rate of $750 per team.
Teams will still be able to register after April 1st, but will have to pay $850 per team.
Registration is available online at Mayo Clinic Health System's website.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled