WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - A local high school student hosted a debate Thursday between State Representative Steve Doyle and challenger Julian Bradley.
For his senior exit project, West Salem High School senior Nick Schultz had been thinking about hosting a debate for more than a year.
Shultz says he looked at the project as a chance for fellow students to become more engaged and interested in politics.
"A lot of the upperclassmen are extremely involved with it. They like the idea of having political figures here. I think they're really enjoying this opportunity, because it's not an opportunity that everyone gets, and having this opportunity really expands their interests," said Shultz.
UW-La Crosse Political Science Professor Joe Heim moderated the debate.
- Gander Outdoors opens in Onalaska
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Milwaukee to bid for 2020 Democratic National Convention
- Preferred route picked for Wisconsin, Iowa transmission line
- Rent-to-Own bill passes Wis. Assembly
- Wis. bill would put millions toward millennial ad campaign
- Gritty Eagles eye NCAA Tournament
- Federal tuition tax deduction back on the books
- Students learn robotics, design during first-hand lesson on engineering at Trane
- First public meeting held on Trane All-Abilities Park funding campaign