LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It was a successful weekend for the La Crosse Police Department's three narcotics detection K-9 teams.
Each of the teams placed in the Top 10 at the annual U.S. Police Canine Association Narcotics Detection Certification Trials.
Officer Tony LeQue and K-9, Ralph, took home first place overall with a perfect score of 200. K-9 Ralph had the fastest time in completing the course.
Officer Casey Rossman with K-9 Brutus and Officer Tenton Bowe with K-9 Zaback scored in the top 10.
The annual trials were held this year in Stillwater, MN. They test for skills such as speed, accuracy, and obedience.
Each of the La Crosse Police Department's three teams competed against 59 others from the Midwest area.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- Wisconsin attorney general open to allowing guns in schools
- Results of sexual assault kit leads to arrest in 2008 assault
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Wisconsin republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools