WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Preliminary autopsy results are back on a Winona State Student found in the Mississippi River.
19-year-old Ben Onyeaghala disappeared Oct. 7.
A homeowner found his body floating in the river Oct. 18 near Homer, which is just south of Winona.
The results of the autopsy are not being released because it's an active investigation, however, the Winona County Sheriff tells News 8 there's nothing suspicious surrounding Onyeaghala's death at this time.
They are continuing to piece together what led up to Onyeaghala ending up in the river.
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Watch The Decorah Eagles- LIVE
- Xcel Energy named one of World's Most Admired Companies
- Vino Fest features Wisconsin wines with help from tourism grant
- Teen arrested for bringing loaded gun to Madison school
- Shelters open amid Midwest flooding as rivers keep rising
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan
- Local students hold candlelight vigil for Florida school shooting victims