DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Two Des Moines residents have been arrested in the kidnapping and beating of a man found in the trunk of a car.
Police say they've arrested 53-year-old Debra Oliver and 50-year-old John Deering and charged both with kidnapping. Online records say Oliver and Deering remained in Polk County Jail on Monday. Online court records don't list the names of their attorneys.
The two are suspected of abducting 60-year-old Ronald Carris. Police say Carris called 911 around 5:50 a.m. Friday, saying he had been stuffed into the truck of his car. The 911 audio recording captured the beating.
His cellphone was traced to a park along the Des Moines River. Officers found him in the trunk of a car they spotted there.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill