LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The American Red Cross has opened shelters in four locations after severe weather and devastating flooding forced residents to evacuate their homes.
The shelters are located at:
-Holy Family Catholic Church at 532 McKinley Street in Arcadia
-Southern Bluffs Elementary School at 4010 Sunnyside Drive in La Crosse
-Barney Center at 1000 E. Montgomery Street in Sparta
-Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau High School at 17511 N. Main Street in Galesville.
At this time, the Red Cross is providing snacks and meals for affected residents along with a place to stay. Volunteers are also providing comfort kits containing personal care items such as toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving supplies and other personal hygiene items.
Volunteers are working with residents in Northwest and Southern Wisconsin to provide needed assistance.
There will be more updates as information comes in.
- Screnock, Dallet advance in Wisconsin Supreme Court primary
- State Assembly overwhelmingly passes Gov. Walker's Health Care Stability Plan
- Voters in West Salem approve school referendum
- Two advance in Tomah mayoral race
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Voters in Viroqua choose two to move on in mayor's race
- La Crosse residents brave icy conditions following freezing rain
- Wisconsin Assembly passes school guard grant bill
- Supreme Court asked to review 'Making a Murderer' confession
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2018