LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The American Red Cross has opened shelters in four locations after severe weather and devastating flooding forced residents to evacuate their homes.
The shelters are located at:
-Holy Family Catholic Church at 532 McKinley Street in Arcadia
-Southern Bluffs Elementary School at 4010 Sunnyside Drive in La Crosse
-Barney Center at 1000 E. Montgomery Street in Sparta
-Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau High School at 17511 N. Main Street in Galesville.
At this time, the Red Cross is providing snacks and meals for affected residents along with a place to stay. Volunteers are also providing comfort kits containing personal care items such as toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving supplies and other personal hygiene items.
Volunteers are working with residents in Northwest and Southern Wisconsin to provide needed assistance.
There will be more updates as information comes in.
- Tomah woman inspires others with her amazing determination
- City planners say Herberger's liquidation changes the way communities must look at retail
- American Girl closing Wilmot operations
- Winona State students raise awareness about mental health and suicide
- La Crosse's mayor holds 'Coffee with Kabat'
- Westby freshman adjusts quickly to new sport
- Wisconsin unemployment remains at record-low 2.9 percent
- Walker seeks federal waiver for reinsurance in Wisconsin
- La Crosse pregnancy program reduces time at doctor's office
- Try new local restaurants with Restaurant Week in La Crosse