SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A railroad employee died from his injuries Tuesday morning in an accident with a train at Cedar Creek Lumber.
According to Sparta police, train conductor Robert Hemling, 39 of Randolph, was found unresponsive and taken to Mayo Clinic - Sparta Campus, where he was pronounced dead.
The incident is under investigation.
Assisting the Sparta Police Department was Sparta Ambulance, Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office, CP Railroad Police, Monroe County Communications Center and the Village of Randolph Police Department.
- N8I: Principal responds to allegations he assaulted, threatened students
- Central High School hosts "Bott Strong Lift-A-Thon" to raise money for coach's cancer treatment
- Why some hotels are turning down local residents
- La Crosse Fire Department division chief arrested for possession of child porn
- Holocaust survivor to speak at Viterbo Thursday
- La Crosse County Human Services talks struggles of helping children during drug epidemic
- Local man talks about his past gambling addiction, says NCAA tournament may impact others
- La Crosse Public Library discussions end, but you can still weigh in on the future
- Bryan McLoone makes his NCAA Tournament picks
- Spring Grove boys basketball is ready for state debut