La Crosse, Wis. (WKBT) - Professional basketball returns to La Crosse this weekend.
The La Crosse Showtime has its first home game ever on Saturday, November 25th at the La Crosse Center.
The center was awarded an expansion franchise by the American Basketball Association in 2016. Coaches and owners started assembly the Showtime roster in the spring of 2017. Many of the players have ties to the Coulee Region.
"We like it that way. These guys are local. They know the area, they love the area, want to be playing in front of their hometown fans," says Showtime Co-owner, Scott Pooler. "Players are chomping at the bit to get playing here at the La Crosse Center."
Saturday night's game is against the Chicago Fury. Check the La Crosse Showtime website for ticket information.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill