LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin's Spring Primaries are a week away.
In our area, voters will be deciding on the races for Wisconsin Supreme Court, La Crosse County Treasurer, and Westby School District school board.
La Crosse's City Clerk says you should make sure you're correctly registered to vote before you cast a ballot on the 20-th. Wisconsin voters are required to show a photo ID at the polls.
"Make sure you bring proper photo identification. A lot of people are still confused thinking there's this voter ID card. That does not exist. Your voter ID card is really just your driver's license, your ID card, a passport, anything with your photo on it that has your name,” said La Crosse County Clerk Ginny Dankmeyer.
The polls will be open next Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Winning candidates will appear on the ballot for Wisconsin's Spring Elections on April third.
You can find your polling location, a mock ballot, and steps to register on MyVote.WI.gov.
- Screnock, Dallet advance in Wisconsin Supreme Court primary
- State Assembly overwhelmingly passes Gov. Walker's Health Care Stability Plan
- Voters in West Salem approve school referendum
- Two advance in Tomah mayoral race
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Voters in Viroqua choose two to move on in mayor's race
- La Crosse residents brave icy conditions following freezing rain
- Wisconsin Assembly passes school guard grant bill
- Supreme Court asked to review 'Making a Murderer' confession
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2018